Welcoming @fiestapinguino as a new member of the Bristlemouth Pioneer Program

Please join us in congratulating @fiestapinguino of University of Washington! We look forward to learning more about your project.

1 Like

Hi everyone! My name is Aadu and I’m a former Sofar employee working on a pilot program here at the University of Washington. I’m working with Prof. Sasha Seroy and Rick Rupan in the School of Oceanography to incorporate Bristlemouth technology into the OCEAN462 course where students design, build, and deploy ocean sensors. Bristlemouth removes the complexity around power management, data transmission, and sensor integration, allowing students to spend more time building novel sensors and analyzing quality data.

After taking a few students through the course in the Spring Quarter of 2024, we hope to fully integrate Bristlemouth into several other ocean tech courses. We also have stretch goals of hosting a hackathon to allow students and community members to develop sensors that can be deployed in the Puget Sound.

Happy to answer any questions and collaborate on any future work! Thanks Sofar team!

3 Likes

My Postdoc was at UW in ME and APL. Great to see your project integrating into courses at UW!

Aadu, congratulations on the award! I’m happy to see you here. any ideas what sensors you guys might start with?