Welcoming @kdavis as a new member of the Bristlemouth Pioneer Program

Please join us in congratulating @kdavis of Stanford University. We look forward to learning more about your project.

1 Like

Thank so much! Very excited to use the Bristlemouth Development platform to integrate sensors that can inform environmental conditions (light, nutrient concentrations, chlorophyll-a, oxygen, flow, waves, pH, other carbonate system params) in real time on kelp farms to help predict growth and to estimate carbon fluxes from seaweed farms. We have an experiment planned this summer on the Ocean Rainforest farm offshore of Santa Barbara, CA!

2 Likes

Welcome! I think there are a few other folks working on / in seaweed farming. And there are a ton working on MCDR/carbon sensing. I’ll see if we can’t get folks connected.

Z

1 Like

I’m glad to know that there are more of us.
We are also engaged in the production of algae and we are exploring the possibility of using sensors that measure the growth parameters of microalgae and changes in the parameters of sea water. There is one difference: we grow microalgae, but I think our experience will be useful for increasing the productivity of macroalgae.

2 Likes