Welcoming @AndrewThaler as a new member of the Bristlemouth Pioneer Program

Please join us in congratulating @AndrewThaler of Climate Change/Sea Level Rise Commission, Town of St. Michaels! We look forward to learning more about your project.

Hello everyone! I am super excited to join this program. 2 year ago, the Town of St. Michaels created a Climate Change/Sea Level Rise Commission dedicated to assessing vulnerability, identifying points of resilience, and working to upgrade infrastructure in our town. Having accurate water quality data is essential to this mission. As one of the founding climate commissioners, I’ll be working on merging the spotter buoy with my own OpenCTD and expanding to other sensor systems as needed in order to bring real-time data to our coastal community.

3 Likes

@AndrewThaler It’s great to see you here.

I’m sure that @spiderkeys , @davidtlang , and @estackpole will also be thrilled to see that you’ve found your way to yet another open-hardware forum together.

Any chance that we will see you at BristleCon Nov 9-10? Events

Z

1 Like

ANDREW!!! So glad you’re here. Integrating your CTD with Spotter would be awesome! Certainly excited to help make that happen. Now that Bristlemouth is available , the really cool thing is that once you get the system figured out, it should be able to plug in with any Smart Moring system around the world. Perhaps we could scale your efforts!

1 Like

I wish I could make it out there, but unfortunately, I’m stuck on the wrong coast this November. I expect you to sing some sea shanties for me.

Hey Andrew! It is great to see you in here!