Livestream camera connection to Sofar Spotter Buoy

I’m reaching out to garner more information on the SOFAR buoy’s capabilities. We currently have a buoy that helps us to measure parameters that can be viewed on a near-real time application.

I would love to be able to add an underwater livestream camera to this buoy, but I have concerns about the power consumption and bandwidth.

The info I got from the camera company is as follows:
Potential livestream camera: Underwater camera with automatic glass cleaning function – Barlus

Connection port/power supply: The camera’s cable can be connected to an internal power supply system. Or it can be designed as a waterproof connector to connect directly to the buoy’s power supply. The power consumption of this camera is 0.18A, (wiper and camera run at 0.18A). The power supply is 24V, 24W. Most of the Barlus cameras are 100 Megabit Ethernet cable transmission. H.265 compression protocol can be used. It can reduce some bandwidth.

Does anyone have experience with this or more expertise on the feasibility?

Spotter does not have streaming telemetry capabilities, and can provide a maximum of around 4W continuously to the Bristlemouth bus. So this integration would require another power supply and telemetry solution to power and stream data from this camera.

You can checkout a cool project integrating a lower power camera into Bristlemouth and sending still images through Spotter here: Underwater RPi Camera Build