Welcoming @cwardlaw as a new member of the Bristlemouth Pioneer Program

Please join us in congratulating @cwardlaw of UCSB MSI! We look forward to learning more about your project.

Honored to be selected! Hi everyone, my name is Camille and I am a graduate ECE student at UCSB. I will be bringing this project to the electrical engineering senior capstone course for the upcoming academic year, September 2023 through June 2024. A group of 5 students will work to integrate a Raspberry Pi camera onto a Spotter buoy, through the Bristlemouth protocol. Their goal will be to deploy the system in the spring and successfully post a video stream to Youtube. Sevengill sharks have been spotted at the deployment location so we’re hoping to catch some Shark Week worthy footage! The tentative timeline is as follows: fall quarter (September-December) will be spent planning the project and designing the system, winter (January-March) will consist of prototyping, and spring (April-June) will be deployment and final testing.

3 Likes

Awesome to see you here! I’m eager to hear about some of the camera details and I know some of the other Bristlemouth engineers have experience with cameras, particularly @spiderkeys.

Zack