Introduce yourself!

Hi, Peter McCarthy here – I am advising an early stage startup, LeVanta Tech, on system integration. We are going to be integrating Bristlemouth-enabled sensors and devices to float-and-fly drones that will be able to fly at aircraft speed, land on the ocean, float indefinitely, and then fly again at high speed.

LeVanta Tech is embracing a standards based architecture and approach to speed up innovation and acceptance. The Bristlemouth standard is ideally suited for supporting this goal. We are keen on actively integrating and collaborating with the Bristlemouth community.

Some of my selected achievements are:
• Member of the technical team for the 1992 winning America’s cup syndicate. Innovated data collection and analysis processes used in designing, building and testing of four (4) 75 foot carbon fiber racing sailboats in seventeen (17) months.

• Owned a consulting company that specialized in developing, assembling, testing, troubleshooting, mobilizing and sea trials of mechanical, electronic and computer prototypes, test systems and infrastructure for various marine industry sectors.

• As a contract ROV technician, provided world wide support to commercial diving contractors. Offered technical implementation and troubleshooting to both electric and hydraulic work class ROV systems. Specialized in jobs that were outside the customers’ core competencies.

If I could be in any movie it would have to be the James Bond Film “For Your Eyes Only” piloting a Mantis microsubmersible (which by the way could also be operated as an ROV).